I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Faye at Leap of Faye! A big thanks to Faye! It means a lot to me that you selected my blog as one of your nominations.
The Liebster Award is a recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for valuing their work. It is a great way to connect with fellow bloggers and help other new writers increase their following.
Once you accept a nomination, you are expected to complete the following steps:
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you (Thanks again, Faye!).
- Create a post on your blog.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- Answer the 11 questions assigned by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers.
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Post the blog link in a comment to the bloggers you nominated.
- What inspires you to write?
I’ve enjoyed writing since I can remember. English was always my favorite class growing up. I noticed the more I wrote, the more my writing improved. Seeing that improvement has pushed me to write more and more. That may seem obvious, but at times when I was really busy, I found it hard to get myself to set out time for it, even though it’s something I love to do. And sometimes it’s just such a great feeling to get your thoughts down on paper.
- Who are your favorite bloggers, and why?
I’ve recently started following a few travel bloggers closely. I love reading about where fellow travelers have been or are planning to go to and advice they share from their experiences. I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts people make on Lonely Planet’s website. They give a lot of valuable information about different destinations and travel tips.
- What is one thing you could not live without, and why?
Having a good book in tow. I always try to bring a book with me wherever I go (sometimes I even bring more than one). I never know when I’ll get a few spare minutes to dive into reading! It helps me relax and wind down and is the best escape after a long day. I always find a way to fit in reading time and can’t imagine living without a book in hand.
- What book has most inspired you, and why?
It’s hard to choose just one, but To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was a big inspiration to me. It teaches lessons about life in a wide range of categories. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Be compassionate. Love your neighbors. Be peaceful, especially to people. The classic novel has endless themes that are great to live by.
- What would a perfect weekend look like to you?
My perfect weekend would feature me wandering the streets of a European city, eating at cafes and reading in parks. I wouldn’t have set plans but to meander around the town and stop whenever I found something that peaked my interest. I’m looking to have quite a few weekends like this in the summer.
- What experiences have had the most profound effect on you?
My traveling experiences have had the biggest impact on me. I’ve been traveling with my family since I was kid, so it’s always been a big part of my life. I went on my first solo overseas trip this past summer, and it really left an impact on me. Traveling solo gave me a new confidence in myself and more self-reliance. I’ve met loads of wonderful people and made unforgettable memories.
- What television or movie character do you most identify with?
I’d have to say Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother. Mainly because she’s a crazy hockey fan like me and traveled the world as a journalist (a dream of mine). HIMYM is my all-time favorite TV show, and I always had a soft spot for Robin.
- Where is your favorite place in the world, and why?
Picking just one place is nearly impossible. But Nashville, Tennessee will always be a very special city to me. I grew up 20 miles south of the downtown and have loved it more and more as time as passed. The live music, southern cooking, sporting events, museums and outdoor activities all make for a wonderful place to live and visit. It’s a city that will always make me feel at home, with the sweet sound of country music and southern accents.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love being able to combine two of my favorite activities, writing and traveling. When I’m back from trips, it’s fun to reminisce on my experiences through blogging. I’ve only been blogging for a couple of months, but I always look forward to the time I set aside to work on my blog. It’s also been really fun connecting with other bloggers, especially those posting about traveling.
- What is the biggest risk you have taken, and did it pay off?
Almost a year ago, I was on my way to the airport to pick up a guy from the airport that I had met four months earlier in a hostel in Switzerland. We had hit it off there, talking all day and night, and he was interested in seeing what Nashville, Tennessee was all about. I was terribly nervous, worried it’d be awkward or I would seem boring. I’m sure glad I pushed those thoughts aside because now he’s my boyfriend and travel partner. We’ve visited five countries together, spanning three continents.
- What is your drink of choice?
A tall glass of milk. And why not add a couple cookies with it? I remember walking down Champs-Élysées in Paris drinking from a quart of milk because that’s the smallest bottle I could find in the stores nearby.
- What made you start a blog?
- What advice would you give someone considering starting a blog?
- What have you found the most success in getting more traffic to your site?
- What fuels your writing?
- What piece of writing are you most proud of?
- What is your biggest goal for the next year?
- What do you hope to get out of blogging?
- Where is your favorite vacation you’ve ever had?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- What is one of the most memorable meals you’ve ever had?
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and why?